While London is the most popular city in England for international visitors Manchester is it’s close second. A favorite for the fans of football, but the city has so much more to offer. Which makes it a perfect place to study a language. Find out more about why you should learn English in Manchester and how to do it!
So why should you learn English in Manchester? First of all it has great language schools and world renowned universities like the University of Manchester and the Manchester Metropolitan University. In sports Manchester is most famous for its football teams – Manchester City and Manchester United, but it also houses a lot of sports world class facilities for different disciplines like athletics, swimming, cricket and cycling.
While Manchester has a lot to offer in terms of culture, sports and attractions like London, the cost of living there is lower.
What to do in Manchester
While learning English in Manchester make sure to check out all the city has to offer. Below you will find the coolest attractions and activities to do after your language classes. Don’t forget to blend in with the locals and experience their lifestyle and of course get to know their language in a natural setting.
Tourist attractions in Manchester
Here are some of our favorite must-sees:
- Museum of Science and Industry
- Castlefield – an urban heritage park.
- Manchester Cathedral
- Imperial War Museum
- Manchester Town Hall
- Heaton Park
- Fletcher Moss Botanical Garden
- University of Manchester
- Sea Life Manchester
Sports in Manchester
If you want to go to Manchester you might be a big fan of sports and if you aren’t this city will certainly make you one! Check out there sport related attractions and activities:
- National Football Museum
- Old Trafford (Manchester United’s Stadium)
- City of Manchester Stadium
- Chill Factore – to enjoy winter sports like skiing, snowboarding, sledging and more in real snow.
- National Cycling Centre (with a velodrome)
Culture in Manchester
Get to know the culture by visiting these spots:
- Manchester Art Gallery
- Palace Theatre in Manchester
- Whitworth Art Gallery
- Chetham’s Library
- Ordsall Hall over 600 – year old Tudor style manor.
- The Lowry – visual performing arts including theatre, opera, musicals, dance, music.
Where to learn English in Manchester?
On CourseFinders.com you can find nearly 20 language schools where you can learn English in Manchester, check them out here. We have chosen a few to get you started, here they are:
Berlitz offers a range of language and business management courses including IELTS preparation, they also offer internships and demi pair programs.
Find out more here: Berlitz Manchester
ABLE is a boutique language school, it’s smaller size allows for a more personalized approach. They focus on providing a friendly, family-like atmosphere and a comfortable learning environment.
Find out more here: ABLE Manchester
United Kingdom Education Centre (UKEC) Academy in Manchester
UKEC has been welcoming students from all over the world for 15 years now and are known for quality teaching, being very welcoming and exam success.
Find out more here: United Kingdom Education Centre (UKEC)
Where to eat when you learn English in Manchester?
Students often watch their budget when studying abroad, so here are a few of the best cheap eats in Manchester, with meals for under 10£:
- The Hip Hop Chip Shop for a great set of fish and chips, also offers vegan options.
- Pieminister to try the famous British pies with a side of mash and peas.
- La Casita for a tasty Mexican feast.
- Rudy’s Neapolitan Pizza to grab a delicious slice.
- Northern Soul Grilled Cheese for any fan of bread and cheese with amazing toppings.
Sign up to our newsletter not miss another article again! You will find the signup box on the right in the middle of the page.
This post is also available in: PolishLearn languages abroad Find your perfect language school