Greetings from ELS Language Center, Chennai, India !!!
Thank you for showing interest in ELS English programs.
MAKE YOUR DREAMS OF SUCCESS A REALITY - WITH ELS
Here’s a brief glimpse of ELS Language Centers:
For over 55 years, ELS has assisted students throughout the world to achieve their personal and professional goals, by providing them with English preparation in over 80+ language centers world-wide and professional higher education counseling. Headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey, USA, ELS has established a strong network of over 1,800 education counseling offices in more than 100 countries. ELS has dedicated every effort to create international pathways for over 1.1 million students from more than 177 countries. ELS India, located in Chennai, also provides counseling for students wishing to pursue higher studies in the US, Canada, Europe, Malaysia, Australia and India.
The ability to communicate effectively in English is critical to making the most of the world of educational and job opportunities that await you. ELS offers you a variety of pathways to acquiring the English skills so key to academic and career success today – pathways filled with discovery and adventure, new friends and new cultures, and learning and achievement.
“PREPARE FOR SUCCESS, BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY HERE”
• Why Choose ELS?
No other English language provider offers the choices, expertise, guidance and focus on your success that ELS does.
• Choose the program that will help you reach your individual goals.
We can help you identify the right one for you.
• Make your plan to study abroad before leaving your own country.
You can apply for conditional admission BEFORE you have mastered English. Once you graduate from ELS, you can enter your chosen university.
• Select from the largest on-campus network of study locations in the world.
Study in the heart of an environment that is rich in intellectual stimulation, resources, culture and social opportunities.
• Receive instruction from expert teachers.
All ELS teachers are professional educators trained in English language instruction; the majority of our teachers hold Master’s degrees or CELTA Certificates.
• Learn using the best materials.
ELS’s proprietary textbooks and instructional materials come from the most respected authors in the ESL field. ELS Language Technology Centers provide the opportunity to work on your specific language challenges using computer-aided instruction and practice.
• Enjoy easy access to English proficiency tests and test preparation.
The ELS counseling and admissions service office, located in the center of Chennai, is an official TOEFL test center. Register to test at this location through ETS.org, and arrive at the test center with a passport or photo ID on the day of testing.
• Earn Level Certificates.
You will receive a certificate upon successful completion of each level of your studies. More than 650 universities, colleges and career schools accept the certificate from Level 109 or 112 of the English for Academic Purposes program as proof that you meet their English language requirement.
• Gain conditional admission.
If you wish to choose your school but lack proof of English proficiency, ELS can help you secure conditional admission for you without having to take TOEFL® or IELTS™
• Here’s how conditional admission works:
1. Choose a university and apply through certified counselors.
2. If you meet the university admission requirement, you will receive a letter of conditional university admission subject to completion of the ELS English proficiency level required.
3. Successfully complete Levels 109 or 112 of the ELS English for Academic Purposes program. Some universities allow you to enroll in classes for credit while you complete your studies in the advanced levels of the ELS English for Academic Purposes program.
THE ELS ADVANTAGE
Below are FAQs about joining our English Language Center.
The center is located at SRM University, Kattankulathur Campus in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Here is a link to our information online, which will provide all the details you requested:
• How do I enroll?
After you review our materials, we can send you an application. Each session begins on the first working day of the month (usually the 1st). It can take 1-2 months to get your student visa, so please plan accordingly.
• What is the cost?
Each 4 week session is $1,000, but with the ELS India scholarship, you pay only $750 per session. We also offer discounts if you pay in advance.
• What documents are required?
Our application will outline everything. The basics are: An application, your passport copy, and a financial statement in English. Further We will provide you Letter of Admission on joining ELS for Visa process .
• What is the class schedule?
Classes are full-time, Monday-Friday 9:30-4:35.
• What are the university options if I want to study in India?
Our local partner is SRM University and ELS has over 650 university partners world-wide. You can always meet with one of our ELS Certified Counselors for more information on university options.
• What accommodations are available?
Housing is provided by SRM University, at the Green Pearl International Hostel. They are shared apartments, with options for a single or double bedroom. It is also possible to find private housing.
Fees Structure will depend on the services you choose and how many sessions you study. Here is an outline for your reference:
Application Fee(one time) $100
Materials Fee $50/session
Airport Pickup (optional) $50
Housing Deposit (one time) $200
Housing – Single $573/session
Housing – Double $401/session
Insurance (optional) $150/year (short term subscriptions are available)
- Further academic studies available on campus
- Work experience / internship with local companies
- Art / Painting
- Cultural tourism (theater, museum, etc.)
- Historical sightseeing
- On campus events
- University student social events
- Culture Shock presentation
- Local cultural events (festivals, etc.)