(Shrewsbury | England )
About Concord College
Concord College is an established international boarding school with over sixty five years' experience in providing the highest quality education for students from all over the world.
During the British summer holiday months of July and August the beautiful campus, excellent facilities and expertise of dedicated teaching staff are made available to provide short, intensive courses in English as a foreign language, Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics or Economics) or University Preparation (Medicine, Natural Sciences, Engineering and Philosophy, Politics &amp; Economics). The English and Science courses are suitable for students aged 10 - 17 years and the University Preparation courses are for students aged 16 - 18 years. Our English course is accredited by the British Council and a summary of the latest inspection report is available to view. We are also members of English UK.
From September to June, students study for GCSE, ‘A’ Level and ‘AS’ Level examinations in preparation for university entrance. Concord's main term has an excellent academic reputation and is listed third in The Times Good Schools Guide. Please see our Main Term website for more information.
Concord has two Summer Schools each year and students may enrol on one or both courses. Each is 23 days.
Concord's summer courses aim to provide a foundation for learning:
- To building students' confidence
- To improve academic skills and knowledge
- To find self-worth in a range of enrichment activities
- To experience aspects of Britain and the British way of life
- To meet and make friends from around the world and enhance international understanding
- To provide a safe and caring environment in which all students can flourish
The courses are constructed carefully to give each student the opportunity to study a full English or Science programme and, with the addition of a wide range of sporting and social activities available, there is so much to enjoy and see.
The word 'concord' means harmony and it is a fantastic opportunity for young people from all over the world to live and study together on campus and to experience other languages and cultures.
- Table tennis
- Track and field/Athletics
- Airport/Station transfer
- Visa support
- On campus
- Student Residence
- Art / Painting
- Cultural tourism (theater, museum, etc.)
- Historical sightseeing
- On campus events
- Rock climbing
- Local cultural events (festivals, etc.)
English Summer Courses
0% 0 Reviews
This course is for students aged: 10-17
Location Type: Rural/Countryside
Levels: Advanced, Basic, Intermediate
Class Sizes: Medium, 6-10 students, Small, 2-5 students
Weekly Hours: General 15-25 hrs/wk
Students are assessed on arrival and are placed in a class of suitable age and English ability. There is a wide range of levels from beginners to advanced.
The timetable consists of 15 hours of classroom based teaching with qualified English teachers and 6 hours of Active English lessons taught by teachers with specialisations in other subjects. The teaching day is split into three main parts:
- Textbook based lessons aimed at improving grammar and structure of the language.
- Lessons focused on the four skills: Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening.
- The Active English programme provides a means for students to do activities they enjoy, such as art, drama or football, while at the same time practising their spoken English and learning subject-related vocabulary. Active English students select two activities from those offered in which to study English. At present these include art, basketball, cookery, dance, drama, fashion, fitness, football, jewellery making, outdoor activities, photography, movie making, music, swimming, trampolining and volleyball. These options vary from year to year depending on the expertise of our teachers.