(Shrewsbury | England )
About Concord College
Concord College is a highly academic independent international school in England for day and boarding students. We welcome students from all over the world and the local area into our vibrant and varied community.
From September to June, students study for GCSE, ‘A’ Level and ‘AS’ Level examinations in preparation for university entrance.
During the British summer holiday months of July and August we offer our own Quality Education accredited summer courses - a British Council accredited English programme, Science and Maths, Future Leaders and University Preparation courses.
All students enjoy fabulous facilities on our safe 80 acre campus set in the heart of the English countryside. We expect our students to achieve the highest standards and we also take care to nurture the individuality of students at Concord to develop their self-confidence. They are also encouraged to understand the needs of others and to respect the values of the Concord community.
Our beautiful campus, excellent facilities and expertise of dedicated teaching staff are made available to provide these short, intensive courses in English as a foreign language, Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics) and Future Leaders (Debating and Public Speaking) for students aged 10 to 17; we also offer our University Preparation course (Economics Finance Accounting and Business Management; Engineering; Medicine and Biomedicine) for students aged 16 to 18.
Concord has two Summer Schools of 19 days each and a total of 27 hours learning per week.
Concord's summer courses aim to provide a foundation for academic success by:
- Building students' confidence in their own abilities
- Improving students' skills and knowledge in their selected subject
- Providing opportunities for students to find self-worth, resilience and enjoy academic experiences through a wide range of enrichment activities
- Experiencing the British culture and way of life
- Meeting and making friends with young people from many different countries and enhancing their intercultural understanding for international harmony
- Providing a safe and caring environment in which all students can flourish
The courses are constructed carefully to give each student the opportunity to study a full English or Science programme and, with the addition of a wide range of sporting and social activities available, there is so much to enjoy and see.
Concord Summer School's Aims:
- Confidence - Knowledge - Resilience - Tolerance -
Concord Summer School's Values:
- Decency - Harmony - Kindness - Trust -
The word 'concord' means harmony and it is a fantastic opportunity for young people from all over the world to live and study together on a beautiful, safe campus and to experience each others languages and cultures, making friends and connections for life.
- Table tennis
- Track and field/Athletics
- Airport/Station transfer
- Visa support
- On campus
- Student Residence
- Art / Painting
- Cultural tourism (theater, museum, etc.)
- Historical sightseeing
- On campus events
- Rock climbing
- Local cultural events (festivals, etc.)
English Summer Courses
0% 0 Reviews
This course is for students aged: 10-17
Location Type: Rural/Countryside
Levels: Advanced, Basic, Intermediate, Upper Intermediate
Class Sizes: Medium, 6-10 students, Large, 11-20 students
Weekly Hours: Intensive 25+ hrs/wk
Seasonal Course: July, August
Students are assessed on arrival and are placed in a class of suitable age and ability. The students have a choice of an English or Science focussed programme and there is a wide range of levels from beginners to advanced:
The timetable consists of 15 hours of classroom or laboratory based teaching with qualified teachers combined with 6 hours of Activities or Science Tasks and 6 hours of Concord Plus.
- Textbook based lessons aimed at improving grammar and structure of the language.
- Lessons focused on the four skills: Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening.
-Laboratory based Science lessons of theory and practical sessions.
Each of the above can be combined with Activities or Science Tasks - students select 2 topics (so 2 activity based topics if they have selected Activities, or 2 Science based activities if they have selected Science Tasks) while at the same time practising their spoken English and learning subject-related vocabulary:
- Activities provides such as Art, Careers &amp;amp;amp; UK Universities, Creative Writing, Cookery, Debating, Drama, Examination Preparation (no exam), Fitness, Historic Britain, Journalism, Music Performance, Music Technology, Outdoor Activities, Public Speaking, Sports Analysis, Sports Coaching &amp;amp;amp; Sports Leadership.
- Science such as Anatomy &amp;amp;amp; Physiology, Aviation, Computer Programming, Crime Science Investigation, Nutrition, Planet Earth, Problem Solving and Research Skills.
Concord Plus - a series of structure activities providing students with applied learning opportunities through a wide range of social activities, on a topic of their interest, and includes specialist subject tuition, practical activities and opportunities for social interaction. Activities include Art, Badminton, Bushcraft, Chess, Dance, DJ'ing, Drama, Event Planning, Fashion &amp;amp;amp; Textiles, Fitness, Football, Health &amp;amp;amp; Wellbeing, Movie Making, Music Performance, Photography, Social Enterprise, Swimming Pool Activities, Trampolining, Volleyball. The following Concord Plus activities incur an extra cost - Cookery Skills, First Aid Certificate, Golf, Historic Britain, Horse Riding, Outdoor Pursuits, Private Tuition, Tennis.