Murdoch Institute of Technology (MIT) is an integral part of Murdoch University’s South Street Campus in Perth, sharing a building with the Murdoch Business School. MIT provides both Australian and International students with an excellent choice of study pathways into high quality undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses at Murdoch University.
The English Language courses give students direct entry to a range of academic programmes, from Foundation level through to Postgraduate studies, without the need to undertake an additional IELTS test.
The General English Course at MIT is a high-quality, academically-focussed course that includes grammar, vocabulary, speaking, listening, reading, writing and pronunciation.
The General English courses are designed specifically for:
- Students preparing for further study in Australia
- International business or professional practitioners
- Individuals who want to improve their English language skills for personal reasons
Our dedicated and experienced instructors, who are trained and experienced in communicative and collaborative teaching methods, use a range of teaching approaches and a variety of up-to-date learning materials to deliver courses that are varied and challenging.
Successful completion of Intermediate level General English leads into the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) course.
English for Academic Purposes is an intensive English course delivered over 10 weeks, that provides students with the necessary skills required for success in Foundation, Diploma, Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree courses.
The English for Academic Purposes program is comprehensive and includes:
- Writing research reports and critical reviews
- Active listening and note-taking in tertiary settings
- Oral presentation and discussion skills
- Library and Internet research techniques
- Academic writing
- IELTS & TOEFL exam practice
- Assignment writing techniques (including bibliography)
Before your message is sent to the schools you must verify your email address. Please go to your email inbox, open the email from CourseFinders and click on the verification link. Your message cannot be sent to schools until your email address has been verified.