The University of Washington features one of the largest, most established international and English language programs in the United States. We offer a wide variety of programs for both undergraduate and graduate students to help you improve your English language skills, prepare for further study in the United States and learn about American culture, business and other subjects.
Join us on the vibrant UW campus, where you'll meet Americans and study with other students from around the world at a top-ranked university. Enroll in a program that lasts for just a few weeks or take one that extends for several quarters or a whole academic year.
The Communication & Culture Track of the UW Intensive English Program (IEP) is intended for students who want to improve their English language fluency and learn about American culture. In addition to taking classes at the UW Seattle campus and/or at the university’s downtown location, you will take a variety of field trips to local cultural attractions.
- Knowledgeable, experienced instructors with advanced degrees
- Guest speakers
- Field trips to practice and study English at Seattle locations such as Pike Place Market, the Seattle Art Museum and the King County Courthouse
- Five levels of instruction
- Small class sizes, with about 14 students per class
- Experienced instructors with advanced degrees in teaching English as a second language
- Opportunity to take one UW undergraduate course (level 5 students only)
- Help with completing applications for college or university degree programs, including those with our partner universities (details below)
This advanced-level preparation course will help you gear up for the IELTS by teaching you various strategies and developing your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
Prepare for this Internet-based test – sometimes called the TOEFL iBT – by working on your English skills, learning test strategies and taking short practice tests. In keeping with the design of the TOEFL, this course emphasizes the integration of two or more skills, such as listening and writing or reading and speaking.
Features of the Intensive Business English Program (IBEP):
- Variety of business topics to choose from
- Guest speakers from Seattle-area businesses
- Field trips to local companies
- Free opportunity to take the TOEIC
Students also viewed
Contact University of Washington - International & English Language Programs now:
Before your message is sent to the schools you must verify your email address. Please go to your email inbox, open the email from CourseFinders and click on the verification link. Your message cannot be sent to schools until your email address has been verified.