(Scranton | United States )
About Marywood University
The Intensive English Program (IEP) prepares international students for the academic demands of studying in an American university. In addition to an academic purpose, the IEP is designed for students who want to improve their English proficiency for business communication, careers, and culture.
- English as a second language (ESL) classes
- Emphasis on reading college texts, writing research papers, taking notes, giving a speech in class, and listening to lectures
- Preparation for TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- Intensive class work focus on English language skills, as well as practical information for living and studying in the United States
0% 0 Reviews
This course is for students aged: 16-70
- Students spend 20 hours each week in class.
- All students take a placement test on the first day of classes
- Classes are very small
- A Certificate of Successful Completion is awarded to qualifying students
- Students can choose from a 15-week fall or spring program, a six-week summer program, or both