Inspiring globally-minded students, educators and leaders to change their lives and the world, Global Launch at ASU has been offering specially designed intensive English language instruction through our IEP for over 40 years. Global Launch is also launching the ASU-USA Pathways program for Fall 2016, which provides additional academic and English support to international students looking to begin their degree program at ASU or any other American university.
· Largest Intensive English Program (IEP) in the United States with over 150 international educators on staff
· Global Launch has trained over 22,000 students from over 160 countries
· More than 40 successful capacity building projects
· Offers additional access to students, teachers, and non-governmental organizations at ASU and in-country
Global Launch is located on two of ASU's major campuses, including West and Tempe (the largest), a mid-size college town neighboring Phoenix, the nation's 5th largest city. Intensive ESL is offered at six levels. No TOEFL is required for ASU enrollment for most degree programs upon successful completion of Global Launch.
Improve international student readiness to study in the US
Offered year around, our Intensive English Program (IEP) has the most specialized electives than any other program in the U.S. Our program enables our students to receive well-rounded English language training while staying on track for their future studies via conditional admission, concurrent enrollment, and ASU-USA Pathways.
Capacity building at ASU and abroad – Teacher training
Custom teacher training programs in collaboration with foreign universities, NGOs, local governments, and various ministries of education on all continents. Global Launch differentiates itself from other universities in utilizing 171 technologies in 2015, and using English as a medium of instruction.
International student access through ASU-USA Pathways program
Students can ease into the American academic system by stretching 2 semesters into 3, while earning 25 real, transferrable academic credits (freshman) toward their degree. Our International students will get true academic and English support while in our program, making them stronger sophomores at ASU or any other U.S. university.
An Immersive Experience
Both teachers and students that study in our program at ASU have full access to all ASU resources and amenities, including academic counseling and housing, offering participants the chance to experience real, American university life.
1) "The Pathways program is supported by great teachers and professors who will provide you with abundant resources to tackle any problem you may encounter as you journey through everyday life.” — Fanny, China
2) “I have to learn how to use different technology and I like this approach. Instead of banning the gadgets we normally ban, we use them for learning purposes. They are very, very useful tools so we can keep students motivated." -- Gabriel Aguilar Mondragon, COMEXUS Program
- Student legally permitted to work / earn money during course
- Further academic studies available on campus
- Work experience / internship with local companies
- Sauna / Wellness
- Art / Painting
- Art history
- Cultural tourism (theater, museum, etc.)
- Historical sightseeing