(Manchester | England )
About INTO Manchester
INTO is a rapidly growing network of university-based study centres, offering new and higher quality standards of preparation for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the UK, US and China. We offer international students the opportunity to fulfil their educational goals and achieve academic success at a world-class university. Combining the resources of the best universities in the world with major independent investment, INTO Centres deliver a world-class educational and cultural experience for international students, with fast, effective and assured progression to university degree courses, creating an unforgettable student experience.
INTO offers a range of high-quality English language courses at 5 superb Centres in the UK and 3 in the USA. Most of our Centres are based on University campuses, while London and Manchester are in excellent city centre locations. Glasgow and Belfast also offer courses for groups. We offer General English, Exam Preparation, English for Business and Academic English courses. Our centres offering general English courses are in London, Manchester, Norwich, Newcastle and Exeter, in the UK. Glasgow and Belfast also offer courses for groups. In the USA our centres in Corvallis, Oregon, Tampa, Florida, and Fort Collins, Colorado offer general English courses.
Our study Centre is located in Bridgewater House, an impressive Edwardian building in the middle of Manchester city centre that has been renovated to the highest standard. Located within walking distance of The University of Manchester and Manchester Metropolitan University, its world-class facilities include:
- 39 classrooms equipped with the latest learning technology, including interactive whiteboards.
- A well-equipped library and exclusive Learning Resource Centre.
- Computing suites with free internet access and Wi-Fi throughout.
- Comfortable break-out areas for private study and socialising.
- Welcome desk and the support of our friendly Student Services team.
- A wide range of social activities to help you get the most out of your time in the UK.
- Student counselling
- Host family accommodation
- Student Residence
0% 0 Reviews
This course is for students aged: 16-70
Levels: Advanced, Basic, Intermediate
Class Sizes: Large, 11-20 students, Medium, 6-10 students, Small, 2-5 students
Weekly Hours: General 15-25 hrs/wk
GENERAL ENGLISH INTENSIVE
Our General English courses are accredited by the British Council, and are designed to help you make real progress:
- When you start your English study, you will focus on the basics of the language and concentrate on mastering grammar and vocabulary, improving your punctuation, and understanding other people speaking English.
- In addition to these core classes, a choice of options will help improve your language fluency and conversational English.
- As you progress you will be able to use English with increasing confidence to explore more complex areas of the language and to explore subjects of interest to you.
- At higher levels, you can choose to take specialist options where you will develop deeper knowledge and skills in the areas that you select.
In addition to your core modules (Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening) you will also choose from a range of options, which could include:
- Cultural studies - exploring a cultural theme based on aspects of local, regional or national life, incorporating project work, eg visits to places of interest or cultural activities.
- Writing workshop - focusing on functional writing skills, eg form-filling, completing applications or creative writing
- Pronunciation workshop - concentrating on specific areas of difficulty.
- Advanced grammar and vocabulary for conversation.
- Business English - developing the vocabulary and language conventions required for modern business communication.
GENERAL ENGLISH YEAR ABROAD
Build your fluency and confidence in English through this long-term and affordable course. Whether your goal is improving your career options or just developing real fluency, this course will help you reach your desired level of English proficiency.
The structure of the course allows you to develop special interest areas over the length of the course, such as British culture and society, English literature, advanced grammar and vocabulary, and business English.
By the end of your course, you will have covered a broad and rich range of language and you will have achieved the skills and confidence to use English in a variety of personal and professional contexts.
- Develop your abilities in the four core skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing, as well as in the key areas of vocabulary, pronounciation and grammar.
- Improve your fluency and confidence in using English in a range of situations.
- Develop an understanding of local culture through the optional range of visits and activities.
- Improve your career prospects by gaining the abilities in English needed for modern international communication and business.
English Academic preparation
0% 0 Reviews
This course is for students aged: 16-70
Levels: Advanced, Intermediate
ENGLISH FOR UNIVERSITY STUDY
With multiple start dates and different durations of study, the course has the flexibility to cater for students with different language levels.
The course suits a range of needs, and will teach you to:
- Adapt to university-style teaching.
- Learn the necessary research skills for university study.
- Improve your overall English language ability and academic presentation techniques.
You will initially focus on developing core English language skills, developing your knowledge and confidence in reading, writing, listening, speaking and pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary.
After developing your core skills, you will focus on skills relevant to your study, including teamwork, problem solving, critical thinking and time management.
- Language Development
- Academic Speaking and Listening Skills
- Academic Writing
- Academic Reading and Study Skills
- Research Project