Founded in 2002, Gateway School of English GSE has become one of Malta’s best English language schools, preferring quality to quantity, combining academic excellence, the best possible facilities and equipment with an extraordinary commitment to individual attention. This is our cutting edge. This is our competitive advantage.
A family enterprise, owned and managed by a dedicated family!
Gateway School of English (Licence no. 241/MB 08), fully licensed by the Ministry of Education and fully compliant with the regulations of the Ministry’s ELT English Language Teaching Council (the recognised authority regulating the English language teaching industry in Malta), and the Gateway School Residence are owned and managed by Netz Educational Services Ltd., a company registered (Registration no. C26605) under Maltese law on the 27th of June, 2000.
10 Reasons why should you choose GSE:
1. Our teachers are highly qualified and experienced.
2. We give you individual attention in the classroom and outside it because we are not a big school.
3. We deliver One-to-One as well as Group Tuition, in any case, we work exclusively with small groups.
4. At Gateway School of English you will find all levels of General English, Business and Professional English courses,Conversation English as part of the Intensive English Course, Exam preparation courses mainly Cambridge ESOL, IELTS examinations and TOEFL® iBT, Parent & Child courses / Family courses for parents & children travelling together, Teacher Training Courses eligible for Erasmus plus funding, as well as English Plus programmes (sports, culture, history and just about anything you can think of)
and Junior Programmes for students aged between 12 and 17 years.
5. Eight out of ten students who choose Gateway School of English, do so because it was recommended to them by friends who have already studied with us. What better testimonial to the quality of our product than such word-of-mouth recommendations?
6. We guarantee full, friendly and effective assistance by our staff from arrival to departure. We are there for you literally 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
7. GSE is attended 24 hours, meaning student welfare/support is guaranteed throughout your stay.
8. You can join classes on any day of the week as our lessons are specifically designed to include all aspects of English language learning. Any lessons missed on arrival & departure day due to flight time will be compensated with afternoon lessons.
9. We promise you that we will make your English language learning experience in Malta a memorable one!
10. The world is one neighbourhood at Gateway School of English! You will all be living in the same neighbourhood (those in residence as well as those living with host families). This will make it easier for you to interact and communicate with colleagues from other countries in your free time. We aim to create the right atmosphere for student-student interaction.
A great mix of nationalities from the four corners of the world:
The majority of our students (60%) come from Western, Central & Eastern Europe, namely from Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Russia, Turkey and Azerbaijan.
A smaller percentage (20%) come from South America, mainly Brazil, Colombia and Argentina.
An even smaller percentage also come from Asia (10%), mostly Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and China, as well as from the Middle East (5%), mainly Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.
A few others (5%), come from North African states such as Libya, Algeria and Morocco.
Location & Facilities
Gateway School of English GSE (Malta) is located in a quiet and elegant residential neighbourhood close to the vibrant St Julians’ Bay area (12 to 15 minutes’ walk from St Julian’s Bay or Spinola Bay). The location was carefully chosen from a shortlist of over ten other possible locations because of its ideal combination of desirable features: social quality of the neighbourhood, security and safety, low building density and closeness to green zones, accessibility from and proximity to important shopping and recreational centres. The building was specifically designed to ensure optimal conditions for effective learning. The School is a semi-detached two-level building comprising eight bright and spacious classrooms, as well as common areas and plenty of indoor and outdoor space for relaxation and recreation. Additionally, the adjacent school residence was designed to provide a comfortable and modern home for those students at GSE who choose to live as close as possible to the School.
The School is built on two levels, comprising:
Eight bright and spacious classrooms fully equipped with the latest information technology and video facilities. Our teachers make full use of these and other resources to make the best use of your time in the classroom.
A well stocked library with contemporary learning materials and media for practising and developing different language skills. We have fiction – graded readers from beginner to proficiency (National Geographic Read Listen & Watch Series and Macmillan readers) – as well as exam practice materials and a broad range of additional grammar and vocabulary resources. In addition to computers for self-study, the Library contains DVDs, books, magazines, worksheets and specially selected listening materials. It is open before and after classes and professional assistance is available at all times.
A large courtyard and gardens where you can relax at break times and after classes.
Free 24 hours a day wireless internet and internet-cabled computer workstations which enable you to keep in touch with your office, family and friends world wide are also available at the adjacent School’s residence. Both the School and its adjacent residential complex are completely and fully air-conditioned.
State-of-the-art Technology in the classroom Apart from audiovisual facilities, most of our classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards using cutting-edge digital course materials. Interactive whiteboards IWBs enhance your learning experience whilst making classes more fun and dynamic.
Why do interactive whiteboards make learning more effective and engaging? Because with just a click of a button the teacher…
…can display course materials on-screen while using graphics and sounds to make the lesson more interesting and engaging
…has instant access to online resources such as podcasts and videos about contemporary topics being discussed in class
…can use digital games and quizzes that make learning fun and exciting
- Airport/Station transfer
- Visa support
- Host family accommodation
- Host family accommodation without students of same native language
- Own apartment
- In hotel/guesthouse
- On campus
- Shared Apartment
- Student Residence
- Cultural tourism (theater, museum, etc.)
- Historical sightseeing
- On campus events
- Local cultural events (festivals, etc.)
PDF | 2MB