Discover English currently recruits students for study in General English, English for Academic Purposes, Business English, IELTS Preparation, English Excel and Cambridge ESOL courses.
Students are at the centre of our organisation. We provide flexibility and choice to ensure that each individual student is doing the course that’s right for them.
Discover English was the first school to offer its students and extra 10 hours per week of free instructions (an optional 5 hours in the library with a teacher and 5 hours of electives). We also run a free weekly job seminar and activities 7 days a week. Academically, students are tested and evaluated weekly to ensure individuals can level up at their own pace.
The college was shortlisted as a finalist in English Language Training, Student Support and Student Experience in the 2013 Victorian International Education Awards. The judging panel highly commended Discover English for student support – especially for its strong engagement with international students in an innovative program. The VIEA are designed to promote and reward outstanding achievement and excellence among students and education providers in Victoria.
The college specialises in delivering Cambridge ESOL courses (FCE, CAE and CPE). In 2014 the school was the finalist in Cambridge English Language Assessment Awards for Preparation Centres in Outstanding Students Care category.
Discover English is an authorised TOEIC and Pearson’s PTE test centre.
Reasons to choose Discover English:
- Students come first
- Experienced and highly qualified teachers
- First class student services
- 10 hrs of free classes/teacher support each week
- Daily activities
- English only campus
- Two different timetables and greater flexibility
- Broad range of articulation agreements with number of TAFEs, Colleges and Universities.
- Modern classrooms equipped with projectors and computers.
- Computer lab
- Academic and fun approach
- Central location and modern facilities with free wifi and roof top deck
- Hand picked homestay families and student lodge as accommodation options
- General English classes are run from Beginner to Advanced levels.
- English for Academic Purposes classes are run at Upper Intermediate and Advanced levels.
- Business English - Upper Intermediate level
- IELTS Preparation is at Intermediate to Advanced levels.
- English Excel is offered at Advanced level.
- Cambridge ESOL courses are offered for FCE and CAE for student visa holders and CPE for non student visa.
General English, Cambridge FCE, CAE, CPE and Business English
8.30am – 1pm Monday to Friday – core classes
1.00pm – 2pm – supervised self study (optional)
2.00pm – 3pm – extras (optional)
General English, English for Academic Purposes, IELTS preparation, English Excel
11am - 12 pm – supervised self study (optional)
12pm – 1pm – extras (optional)
1.30pm – 5.45pm Monday to Friday – core classes
- Quality Endorsed by NEAS
- Member of English Australia
- TOEIC test centre
- PEARSON PTE test centre
- Cambridge ESOL preparation centre
Discover English is happy to assist you with finding accommodation in Melbourne.
Discover English approves all homestay providers and places students according to individual needs and preferences where possible. Two options are available – half board or room only.
An alternative to homestay is a student residence offering studio apartment type rooms. All rooms are furnished and have ensuite bathroom.
The college can also assist in finding shared accommodation or hostel.
- Cultural tourism (theater, museum, etc.)
- On campus events
- University student social events
- Professional Sports events
- Local cultural events (festivals, etc.)