Have you ever thought about that the language you speak or the language you learn creates also your personality and your identity? Every language you are able to speak is a part of you and could form your lifestyle and your personality.
Think about it and take these quotes to get motivation to create a new part in your life while learning a new language!
Quotes about languages and identity
1) Language is the blood of the soul into which thoughts run and out of which they grow.
– Oliver Wendell Holmes
2) If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language that goes to heart.
– Nelson Mandela
3) The world is a mosaic of visions. With each language that disappears, a piece of that mosaic is lost.
– Francois Grosjean
4) A natural language is the archive where the experiences, knowledge and beliefs of a community are stored.
– Fernando Lázaro Carreter
5) Language is the expression of ideas, and if the people of one country cannot preserve an identity of ideas they cannot retain an identity of language.
– Noah Webster
6) Tell me how much a nation knows about its own language, and I will tell you how much that nation knows about its own identity.
– John Ciardi
7) Language is the most massive and inclusive art we know, a mountainous and anonymous work of unconscious generation.
– Edward Sapir
8) We infer the spirit of the nation in great measure from the language, which is a sort of monument to which each forcible individual in a course if many hundred years has contributed a stone.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Come back to CourseFinders.com for more articles about languages and studying abroad.Find the perfect language school for you! Compare different language schools on CourseFinders!