(Seattle | United States )
North Seattle Community College
About North Seattle Community College
The Intensive English Program's mission at North Seattle College is to provide academic English language training to students whose native language is not English. The purpose of the program is to prepare English language learners to succeed in an academic environment.
1. To develop the English language and study skills of international students in preparation for academic study at college.
2. To facilitate intercultural awareness and understanding among students in IEP classes.
3. To assist international students in their transition to American culture and the American education system.
IEP’s instruction, services, and practices are in compliance with the standards of the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and the Code of Ethics of NAFSA: Association of International Educators.
- Facilities for students with disabilities
- Student counselling
- Visa support
- Host family accommodation
- Own apartment
- In hotel/guesthouse
- Shared Apartment
Work and Further Studies
- Student legally permitted to work / earn money during course
- Further academic studies available on campus
- Language and Au pair study
- Sauna / Wellness
- Art / Painting
- Cultural tourism (theater, museum, etc.)
- Historical sightseeing
- On campus events
- Professional Sports events
- Culture Shock presentation
- Local cultural events (festivals, etc.)
0% 0 Reviews
This course is for students aged: 16-70
Location Type: Town/City , University campus
Levels: Advanced, Basic, Intermediate
Class Sizes: Large, 11-20 students
Weekly Hours: General 15-25 hrs/wk
IEPhandbook.pdfPDF | 776kB added 02.12.2016 Download